Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

On this Monday morning

I awoke this morning to flash backs of last nights dreams, dreams where my closest friends were being eaten by sharks. It didn't take too long thou, for myself to be distracted. My early morning caffeine routine kicked in and images of my friend Devon being mauled by a monster shark and being whipped around until he was two, quickly dissipated .

The thought of 6 weeks of varsity holiday holds mixed feelings for myself. When we were young all of our friends would be on holiday together and we could rule the streets on our skateboards, buy quartz from the shebeens up the road and generally be little shit heads. These days it is a whole lot different, most of my friends have full time jobs, pull horrible faces and swear at me when I say that I have 6 weeks of holiday. So I find myself wanting a part time job to help pass the time. I have managed to organise one job, but that only lasts 4 days and still leaves me with a whole lot of time on my hands. These are the problems that this 23 year old is faced with, not to mention the images of Ben screaming for me to help him, while he holds his severed leg against his thigh and hopes it will stay there. He always was an ambitious guy

I imagine that I will find a way to pass the time, I mean there are so many slacker/alcoholics/freeloaders who sit at home for years. There must be something too it, like a secret club or something. I'll ask Google, Jesus's little brother for directions where I can find this club of "do nothings".However, I'm planning to do a few Ethnographic pieces this holiday, these post's should provide the debut of my photography on this blog, so I'm pretty stoked about that, even though the photo's might not be up to scratch. But hey fuck you if you don't like them. Go read status updates on Facebook

The thing is, I'm not sure if it because I am getting old, but I don't want to stay at home and do nothing. I would rather be at a varsity lecture, working, jamming or doing something constructive. So many people say to me "dude just chill you won't have these holidays for much longer" I know that is true, but the thought of 6 weeks to myself is nearly as daunting as never having school holidays again. Tom just arrived at my house. I am relieved to see that he is alive and that he was not used as a training feed by the Great White mother for her young. He still has arm's.


Oh yes......Watch this....It's the new Foals Video. Pretty Weird I must say

No comments:

Post a Comment