Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Black Keys - Brothers

If you have read my post on The Black Keys you will know that I'm a quite a groupie, I've forced many an unassuming victim into listening and sometime's pretending to like the Black Keys. I believe that they are the answer to the shitty phase that 90% of the music industry is going through at the moment. Even though Patrick Carney and Dan Auerbach's two piece blues outfit is no new comer to the music industry, they manage to impress and intrigue myself and hundred's of thousand's of people around the world.

2010 See's the release of "Brothers". In my ever unbiased and objective opinion I declare it the best Album they have produced and further more, I dare say it is the best piece of music to be released this year. Dan' vocal's seem to be maturing like a fine wine and his vocal range is increasing at the same rate as Britney Spears's waist line. The first time I heard the Album I kept raving about the guest female singer on "Everlasting Light" and how she emulated the great Nina Simone. It didn't take too long for me to realize that in fact there was no guest singer, Dan was pulling of this impressive display of vocal ability. He has always had a great voice but like all brilliant musicians he was determined to improve his craft. Brothers is one of the few CD's that I can put on from track one and listen right through the entire album. "Tighten Up" is their first single and it displays their impressive ability to produce catchy melody lines and hooks without neglecting lyrical content. However, I do not feel that "Tighten Up" is in fact the best track on the album because depending on my mood, it could be a number of compositions from this master piece. It is this that demonstrate's the fact that they have hit gold with Brothers.

Track's like "Sinister Kid", "10 Cent Pistol" and "Never Gonna Give You Up" are proof of the dynamic song writing abilities of these two men from Akron. Long gone are the day's of "10 AM Automatic", instead they have replaced that foot tapping vibe with something new, something that has integrity and substance. I have said this before, but even though I believe this to be their greatest achievement yet, I am not sure if their blend of music will appeal to the "stupid music consumer" who wants no emotional engagement or integral substance matter. Unfortunately it is this "stupid music consumer" that makes up the large majority of the market.I do however believe that their music will far out live them as human being's and I know that if they do not get stupidly famous for what they are doing, some one will rip them off some day and become a millionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment