Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Im starting to feel old

Perhaps it's the fact that I'm about to complete my first degree, or that I recently turned 23 and the term "bouncer" holds little worry in my life. But I recently went out and could say "I'm too old for this night club". It was at this moment that I had to fight off the instant urge to run towards the nearest gardening store and commit a messy suicide. I have reached a period in my life where I can no longer blame my parents for the mishaps in my life, I received a tertiary education which I'm in the process of completing, I was given a car (a shitty one, but a car none the less) and I have been blessed to have parents who are still married. So yeah, I'm a lucky dude. It was during this period of realisation that I came to the conclusion, "God dam I'm a Man". I must be honest, I expected a little more variation in the achievement of manhood, perhaps a large explosion, or maybe a sword would fly down from the heavens or something.I received none of the sort, instead I received reminders that I will most likely go bald one day, I will have to support a family and I will slowly start turning into my father.

It took me a long time to even start to comes to terms with this dammed ageing process and from time to time it really gets to me. At this point I would like to apologise to all the people older then me, I'm sure that reading this post must make you feel even older then you already do. However, I'm starting to realise that its not all doom and gloom. Most of life's achievements start becoming possible once you leave University right? I have considered enrolling in another degree just to post pone the inevitable responsibility that looms in my not so distant future. However, the life of the eternal student would shelter and eventually steal my life from me. Instead I intend on becoming a well rounded old man, who has experienced life the way it should be done. How I intend on doing this is not yet decided, but I guess that thing called a degree should help a bit 

So once again I have managed to ramble about pretty Irrelevant shit, and managed to make little or no point at all. But I'm sure I'm not the first 23 year old to suddenly realise that the days of childhood are long gone and from now on shit goes down hill. But I must say I intend on tackling this unavoidable slope with the prowess of a giraffe on ice skates, hopefully this way Ill manage to make the experience of life that little bit more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment